and YuzuTen LLC, a limited liability company registered in Seattle, WA USA (The Data Controller)
it refers to the same company that is responsible for your information
under this policy.
In the event that Ochokochoi.com or its successor is transferred
to another party, this agreement will still be in effect between you
and the successor, subject to future modifications of the agreement.
In the event that future modifications of this agreement are needed, this
policy will be updated. We’re still working on systems
to support notifications about changes to this policy, but you can expect
that we’ll notify you about changes either via email or at sign in.
1. Information We Collect
We collect information you share with us when you use
- Account information. When you sign up for an account or
edit your account information. This includes your name, an email address, and
when required, your birthdate and real name.
- Profile information.
- Tax and Identity information. For customers who create
campaigns on this platform, when available, we may require
tax information and copies of identification documents or digital
- Communication and Messaging History. When you pledge funds to
a Choice campaign on this site, information about your pledge details,
public messages and private notes, and related details.
- Payment information.
While we currently don’t directly collect payment information, our payment provider,
currently Stripe, collects credit card details, the name associated with the
- Site Activity. Any interactions you have with the site may be logged
and stored on our systems.
1.1 Information we collect automatically when you use our site.
- *Usage. Interactions with our site are stored
1.2 Information we collect from third parties
- Third Party Services. If you associate social networking services
with your account registration, either by linking your account or logging in via that account,
or by linking to our pages via certain third party services, the third party
may send us information including your profile information on that service,
or aggregate data related to viewing statistics of your posts that link to
pages on Ochokochoi (on certain platforms.)
1.3 Information we share with third parties.
- Usage behavior. We pass data on usage to third-party vendors
that help us gain insight on how people use this site. In some cases,
such as Google Analytics, it’s possible this data
may be used in aggregate for the purposes of ad targeting.
- Log data. We use several third party applications to support
monitoring of the state of our applications and services.
While we take precautions to minimize the exposure of Personally Identifiable
Information (PII) through these services, some data is transmitted to
these services in order to diagnose application errors.
2. How we use information collected
2.1 Support Ochokochoi features and user experience.
- Your personal information is used to personalize
the Ochokochoi.com web site, and enable you to make or receive
pledges for individual Choice campaigns.
- While our customer service options are limited at this point
your account information may be used to provide
direct or contracted customer service.
- We reserve the right to use your information to
conduct usage statistics, analyze user behavior, and
- We may use your information to inform you of password
changes, security issues, and notifications.
- We analyze information to detect fraud patterns, if applicable.
- When you opt-in to marketing messages and Choice campaign messages,
we may use your information to send you information via M
- Private notes that you write in a pledge will be shared with
whoever creates the Choice campaigns that
you have pledged to (in order to facilitate any amenities or offers)
that the campaign makes).
2.2. Marketing, advertising, and personalization
- We may use information supplied by you or as a result of your
activity on our application(s) to customize marketing messages,
advertising, and promotional programs.
- Our general policy is that marketing messages require
opt-in, with the exception of messages from campaigns that you
have made pledges to.
3. Sharing and disclosure
3.1 Choice campaigns
- Some information must be shared between you and whoever
is running a choice campaign to which you are pledging.
- Some pledge information (amount of contribution, date of contribution,
and your chosen display name) are considered publicly visible information
and are visible on Choice campaign pages.
- Choice campaigns that you create are publicly visible.
- You may opt-in to making your connected social network profiles
visible to other users (Profile picture, etc).
3.2 Payment providers
- Payment information that you provide is generally shared
directly with payment gateways.
3.3 Service Providers
Some service providers may receive information necessary to
verify identity when required.
3.4 Safety and compliance with the law
If required by force of court order, or if necessary
to conduct investigations of fraud, abuse or harassment, information
shared on this platform may be made available
with police or courts.
3.5 Tax authorities
If the law requires it, we may provide information
to tax authorities related to payments made to you on this system.
3.6 Reorganization or transfer of business
In the event of a transfer of assets, merger, reorganization or
bankruptcy proceeding, your information may be transferred to
as a result of such a reorganization, transfer or sale,
we’ll send you a notification, regardless of your email opt-out settings.